With over 35 years' experience in the insolvency profession, forensic accounting, fiduciary roles and commercial directorships and CEO roles sometimes I forget that what seems obvious to me may not be to others. What price can you put on experience?
Business Recovery and Insolvency Partner
Petr is highly regarded in his ability to navigate through complex issues and work efficiently to help businesses and individuals bounce back from difficult circumstances.
Having worked in corporate and individual insolvency, as well as business turnaround since 1984, Petr is experienced in receiverships, liquidations, voluntary administrations, Part X and personal bankruptcy. He has also worked on informal workouts and advisory where formal appointments were not appropriate, forensic work and litigation support and acted as independent trustee in large estate disputes.
Petr has been appointed trustee in numerous bankrupt estates and a liquidator in multi-million-dollar winding ups of solvent companies. He has also been instrumental in managing companies out of administration returning 100 cents in the dollar to creditors and giving back to the owners a restructured and profitable concern.
Petr’s expertise varies widely but includes areas such as:
- Investigation into insolvent trading, undue preference recoveries, uncommercial loans, oppression and fraudulent or improper accounting and prepared numerous expert reports.
- Preparation of business valuations and economic loss assessments primarily for litigation and dispute resolutions and forensic investigations.
Petr has acted in complex estate matters involving significant sums of money both as an independent trustee and as director of underlying entities. For several years Petr was as an “expert” independent director of the Eastern Ranges GP Association, adding corporate governance and business advice to the Board.
With deep connections with lawyers and accountants, Petr is highly regarded in his ability to navigate through complex issues and work efficiently to help businesses and individuals bounce back from difficult circumstances.
Recent examples of work include:
- Independent directorship of corporate groups comprising a $30m deceased estate.
- Successful Receiver role of Continental Hotel development despite uncertainties of COVID-19.
- Forensic analysis of multi-million-dollar deceased estate which culminated in a settlement of the six beneficiary claims.
- Shut down of national ladies' fashion retailer with some 40 outlets and successful Deed of Company Arrangement.
- Court appointment to Audio Visual business and successfully traded on and through VA/DOCA returned the business to the owner and paid all creditors 100 cents in the dollar.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Accounting Degree, R.M.I.T. - 1989
- Registered Liquidator - 1994
- Official Liquidator - 2005
- Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy - 2006
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) - 1991
- Member of Forensic Accounting Special Interest Group
- Member of WIRV
- Member TMA
- Member AICD