Arts & recreation
Arts & recreation
Propel your future
Putting the focus on your business
Whether you’re producing feature films, television series, documentaries, animations, or other screen media or live entertainment, we can provide a full range of services to help you structure, account and meet the compliance needs of Australian film and entertainment industry projects, while also getting you ready to seize new opportunities and initiatives.
Our team has the industry know-how to reliably offer:
Advice on rebates, offsets and other sources of funding
Funding is often made available through the Australian Government agency Screen Australia and state-based entities to help cover production costs for eligible projects, but navigating complex submission requirements can be a horror.
The PKF team, however, can help you tap into these valuable opportunities, through:
- Advice on whether expenditure qualifies for a rebate and on the classification of eligible expenditure within your application
- Preparation of rebate estimates
- Provision of rebate audit opinions required as preconditions for financing
- Assistance with preparation and lodgement of provisional certification, and assistance in the preparation of rebate/offset applications.
Film investment structuring
Having the right film investment structures in place is vital. Not only does it help protect your rights, but also smooths the way for accessing government incentives, and effectively plan for and comply with tax obligations.
The PKF industry experts are on hand to provide:
- Structuring advice
- Withholding tax variation applications
- Advice on the tax implications of royalty arrangements and international service fees
- Assistance in incorporating a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)
- Tax registration services, including GST, ABN and PAYG
- Assistance in the SPV liquidation process.