I love business. I get great satisfaction from seeing clients develop from ambitious beginnings to realising their goals, forming close relationships along the way and becoming a trusted adviser and confidant to their business and themselves.
Business Advisory Services and Corporate Finance Director
Andrew is a Director in, and leads, our Newcastle Business Advisory Services and Corporate Finance teams, with over 20 years of experience in the accounting, business advisory and banking professions.
Andrew’s specialist experience and knowledge are predominantly in the areas of business improvement, management consulting, strategic planning, succession planning and sale readiness, corporate finance and business valuation. Andrew works with clients nationally across many industry sectors including Health, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Mining Services, Professional Services and Construction.
His professional background incorporates four years with a major banking institution in their corporate banking team, with the remainder of his working life spent in the public practice accounting profession. Andrew is known for his pragmatic approach and brings independence and accountability to businesses particularly family businesses. He works closely with many clients as a member of the board, advisory board or as a consultant and is known for his ability to connect people.
Recent examples of work include:
- Actively advising an engineering business’ strategic growth path from $1m revenue to $19m revenue over a 6 year period with an ultimate trade sale of $42m;
- Implementing a performance and governance framework, including chairing the advisory board, for a veterinary group and completing 4 acquisitions seeing them grow from $3m revenue to $30m revenue over a 10 year period;
- Leading a fund raising exercise of $50m for a community housing organisation including negotiation rates, terms and security structures;
- Consulting to a privately held fitness industry start up, establishing their strategic plan and appropriate legal and tax structure and advising them over an 8 year period whereby negotiating a private equity placement of $23m for further growth and expansion; and
- Lead adviser for a $6m management buy out as part of a facilitated succession plan for the founder of a technology business including effective structures and tax effectiveness terms for both sides of transaction.
He has a strong commitment to community initiatives and is currently a director of the Newcastle Grammar School and a committee adviser of the Merewether Carlton Rugby Club. He was a previous Director and Treasurer of The Entrance Leagues Club Limited, Chairman of the Nat Cook Live Out Loud Foundation and director of Connectability Australia.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Diploma of Financial Planning
- Fellow of CPA Australia
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Justice of the Peace