I bring experience and passion to the development and implementation of strategies for clients, with the ultimate aim of achieving their financial and personal goals.
Business Advisory – Director
For over 35 years Simon has been helping business owners and managers to develop successful strategies focused on building thriving organisations. He has significantly contributed to the success of a large number of local businesses through start-up and scale-up growth phases, mergers and acquisitions and ultimately strategic succession planning and sale.
Simon is able to leverage his network of highly influential business owners and CEOs to help grow businesses and wealth locally, nationally and internationally.
Simon’s expertise across corporate governance, business development and strategy, structure, succession, finance, taxation and commercial matters means he has the necessary skill set to implement holistic and effective business plans. He has extensive industry experience including mining services, manufacturing and distribution, health, property, transport and motor dealers.
Simon is actively involved in property feasibility, syndication, structuring and development. He provides advice to clients who are experienced in this market and/or looking to participate.
He works closely with clients as a member of the board, advisory board or as a consultant, often advising on providing solutions to complex financial and commercial matters.
Beyond the traditional role of business adviser, Simon also dedicates much of his time to mentoring and nurturing talented young professionals at PKF, other businesses and sports people.
Recent examples of work include:
- Lead adviser on over 50 buy and sell side transactions for enterprises ranging from $500k to $120m. This has been in both buy and sell side transactions and mergers.
- Facilitated capital raising for growing companies and property groups, in addition to being an adviser and participant in several IPOs on the ASX.
- Prepared, consulted and negotiated costing models for contract owner driver fleets with various public companies.
Current Board Appointments:
- Non-executive director, and chair of the audit and risk committee for the Pacific Smiles Group since inception (a large dental ASX listed entity with over $300M market capitalisation and 95 centres);
- Non-executive director of Canyon Property Trust (Unlisted property trust); and
- Founder and non-executive director of PKF Wealth (financial planning business $600M+ funds under advice).
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Newcastle
- Chartered Accountant
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors