I want to give our clients innovative solutions relevant to their needs. That is, provide them with a pro-active and personalised service offering, aligning their goals and needs with our own experience and expertise.
Business Advisory – Director
Chairman – PKF Australia
With more than 31 years of experience as an accountant, Steve has also developed specific expertise in the field of IT consulting.
He has a deep understanding of the information required by business owners and managers to make informed decisions and is experienced in developing and implementing strategies that improve business profitability and cash flow.
Steve’s expertise covers business and strategic planning, boosting the efficiency and effectiveness of data and reporting processes, and project managing the implementation of new information and ERP systems.
He also works with clients across needs analysis, scoping and evaluation of new information systems, business system risk analysis, disaster recovery planning, corporate governance, and reporting.
Steve has a particular interest in Mining and Mining services, having a family background in the industry and assisting a number of clients that operate in this space.
Steve enjoys the challenges of managing PKF Sydney and Newcastle, bringing this experience to the table of a number of Boards and Advisory Boards across our client base.
Recent examples of work include:
- Leading and guiding transition of ownership of privately held business from founding owners to key management while accelerating growth of business value by 100% during the transition process.
- Assisting large organisation with selection, procurement and implementation of ERP solution within budget and agreed timeframes leading to increased efficiency and delivery of key business information.
- Assisted development and implementation of governance framework for Information and Technology within a large water utility.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Newcastle
- Chartered Accountant
- Board Member of PKF Australia
- Board Member of PKF Asia Pacific (2014 - 2021)
- Member of HunterNet
- Member of the IT Chapter of the ICAA