It is important to me to be pro-active rather than reactive. As a business adviser it’s vital we are on the front foot.
Nicole is our resident technical and taxation specialist and Business Advisory Partner. Her specialist areas are Division 7A, employee share schemes and small business CGT concessions. As a member of the Executive Leadership Group of PKF Adelaide, Nicole is responsible for setting the future direction of the firm.
Delivering taxation services and associated advice to add value and go beyond compliance is Nicole’s priority. She has developed a diverse technical expertise including income tax advice, financial reporting,
Capital Gains Tax, business structuring, restructuring and succession planning.
Nicole works extensively within the exploration, mining and resource sector. Having an in-depth awareness of the issues affecting companies in this industry, she has successfully advised mining clients on maximising tax opportunities, improving business services, and employee share scheme strategies.
Through her association with the Tax Institute, Nicole is on the Professional Development Committee and has presented various papers and sessions as a Tax Institute representative.
Nicole is a co-manager for the firm’s Protected Estate clients and is responsible for the financial compliance needs.
She began working for PKF Adelaide in 2000 as an undergraduate accountant and completed a six month secondment to an ASX listed mining company in 2007. This secondment included general purpose financial account preparation, cash flow, and the management of daily accounting functions.
Nicole was appointed Partner of PKF Adelaide in 2010.
Recent examples of work include:
- Advising and delivering a plan for a family owned business to allow for a separation of the business between two limbs of the family
- Advising on small business CGT concessions upon the sale of a business
- Restructuring of a family business to a corporate structure using the small business restructure relief
- Tax planning on exit from primary production including withdrawal of FMD’s
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of South Australia
- Associate of Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Associate of the Tax Institute
- Registered Tax Agent
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Advisory Committee PKF Adelaide Foundation