I am glad to know people feel comfortable and relaxed to work with me and trust that I can find simple solutions.
Business Advisory Director
Ryan has over 10 years’ experience in the delivery of accounting, taxation and business advisory services to a broad range of clients from high-net-worth individuals to large private businesses and multinational listed companies.
He specialises in assisting local and multinational businesses with initial structuring and restructuring, business strategy, strategic tax planning, ongoing operational and compliance advice, internal governance and ATO tax review and audits.
In addition, Ryan regularly works with overseas PKF and non-PKF professionals to assist foreign businesses and investors on their expansion to Australia including cross border structuring, M&A engagements, specific value-added advisory and full accounting, tax and secretarial compliance services.
Ryan’s clients span across a broad spectrum of industries including property development and construction, engineering (commercial, residential and infrastructure), wholesalers and retailers, professional services, hospitality, medical, sport & racing, winery and non-for-profit.
Ryan’s diligent and hands-on working style, genuine personality, gentle and professional manner and bilingual skills (English and Mandarin) has made him a trusted business advisor and friend to business owners and decision makers.
Recent examples of Huss' work include:
- Assisting a large multinational business to recover from COVID-19 by monitoring business performance and cash flow management including successful negotiation with the ATO for a 18 months+ payment plan for a multi-million income tax debt in arrears.
- Designing and implementing monthly comprehensive management reporting including KPI target scorecard, productivity analysis, margin/balance sheet/cash flow analysis and profiler, for a large engineering consulting business. The report provides the board with insight for the business to assist with ongoing performance analysis and enabled to business to be successful in a tender for a government infrastructure project.
- Assisting a foreign listed company in the acquisition of a NSW high rise apartment development project from the initial structuring, funding and transfer pricing advice to the ongoing compliance reporting - including the general-purpose financial reporting, consolidated tax return, Country-by-Country Reporting and more.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Master of Financial Management (Finance and Financial Management Services) – University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) – University of Auckland