I strive to ensure that my clients fully understand the data that we’re presenting to ensure that we’re adding value to their business.
Audit and Assurance Principal
David has significant experience in delivering the provision of audit and compliance services to his clients. Starting with PKF 14 years ago, David has a proven track record of delivering a holistic approach to his work by combining knowledge, skill and leadership.
David specialises in applying an innovative approach in both internal and external audit engagements to provide valuable insights to his clients. David has a keen interest across an array of industries, along with a passion for the aged care sector.
As an external auditor, David thrives on innovation and going beyond compliance work. He is an analytical thinker who has a focus on utilising advances in data analytics to make inform decisions, thus making audit process smoother and more efficient by delivering true value, through insights and improved processes. David sees the audit process as a constant evolution by driving change in methodology.
As an internal auditor he has worked on major projects in the Hunter Region including Port of Newcastle, Port Stephens Council, and Maitland City Council. David believes as the Lead Engagement Manager, trust and transparency are the essential facilitators to providing value to clients and continues to advocate this style of practice on his engagements with his team.
On the Board as Treasurer of Path 2 Change, David is able to combine his passion for the not-for-profit sectors and audit together. In this role he combines his financial acumen, sophisticated application of analytics, and benevolent attitude to help the community to achieve social impact. He prides himself in being able to use his not-for-profit sector skillset, audit experience, and leadership to support challenges faced by community groups.
Recent examples of work include:
- Managing the annual audit engagement of a number of large national and foreign owned entities, being primarily responsible for the co-ordination and seamless service delivery to meet individual needs of each engagement.
- Working closely with clients in the aged care sector, providing financial and operational insights within the annual assurance engagement.
- Assisting numerous clients through the financial reporting and underlying accounting requirements of business acquisitions and discontinued operations.
- Heavily involved in national and international audit projects, specifically as project lead in the application of data analytics in audit and assisting with the review and updates of the external audit methodology.
Qualifications and nemberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce – University of Southern Queensland
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)