Providing effective tax solutions requires not only an understanding of tax law but also a deep understanding of your client’s business and commercial goals.
For more than 12 years Boris has provided tax compliance and tax consultancy services to a wide range of clients, including public and private groups as well as high net worth individuals.
He has worked with clients on a range of complex tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, international tax structuring, consolidation, taxation of trusts, property development, corporate restructures and managing complex ATO disputes.
Prior to joining PKF, Boris spent time as a Director at the ATO where he led early engagement projects with large, privately owned and wealthy groups. He has also worked at PwC and Greenwoods & Freehills and this diverse experience gives him a unique perspective on tax matters.
Boris has a strong knowledge and understanding of tax law, commercial practice, excellent negotiation skills and prides himself on bringing clarity to complex issues for his clients. Boris has a genuine desire to personally connect with his clients and help them to achieve their goals. He combines his years of experience, as well as his experience working at the ATO to ensure your business is compliant and protected.
Recent examples of work include:
- Successfully implemented a restructure of a global travel company to help it achieve tax efficiencies.
- Advised a global pharmaceutical company in relation to the setup of its Australian operations.
- Obtained a number of positive ATO rulings on various issues including demergers, Division 7A, blackhole deductions, Part IVA, interest deductibility.
- Advised an Australian property group in relation to the restructure of its US business with a view to ensuring a more efficient repatriation of profits to Australia.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Sydney
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation Law l University of Sydney
- Currently undertaking Masters of Taxation Law