My passion is to enjoy and understand the people and businesses I consult with. Building genuine and authentic relationships with clients is what I strive for.
Andrew is a specialist in a variety of indirect taxes with a focus on GST, State Taxes and Customs related taxation matters.
Prior to PKF, Andrew was a Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) for more than 11 years. He has had extensive experience in providing comprehensive tax advice to small to medium enterprises right through to large multinational organisations. He also has strong relationships with senior officers from the Australian Taxation Office and other revenue authorities.
As well as working with a range of different sized businesses, Andrew is an experienced practitioner across a diverse range of industry sectors. He also has experience in establishing business operations in New Zealand, South Africa and Singapore.
His major clients include large automotive importers and distributors, food wholesale and distributors, and consumer electronic companies. He also has a number of clients in the Retirement Village and Aged Care Sectors. In addition, Andrew has recently been working with clients servicing the NDIS and affordable housing sectors.
Andrew’s portfolio is broad and diversified and includes working with a number of start-ups on a range of business, tax and funding issues.
He also has extensive experience across a range of issues in the hospitality sector.
Recent examples of work include:
- Assisted major aged care developer to save over $5m in GST on the acquisition of greenfield and partially developed sites.
- Successfully implemented the new GST law on imported services and low value imported goods across a number of online business platforms.
- Successfully lobbied Revenue NSW to allow Land Tax concessions for Dementia Care Providers.
- Managed large business GST Audits on Retirement Village Operators with minimal adjustments.
- Successfully implemented and managed the GST and Luxury Car Tax impact on Motor Vehicle Dealer incentive and bonus arrangements with major Motor Vehicle Distributors.
- Developed a structured formula and approach to assist Revenue NSW for Land Tax reductions in the Retirement Village Sector.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Economics
- Member of CPA Australia
Outside of work, Andrew is passionate about a variety of sports, having coached and managed junior cricket and soccer teams over the last 15 years.