Simon is an experienced insolvency practitioner based in the PKF Newcastle office. He is a Registered Liquidator and Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy.
Simon has over 20 years’ experience gained in Australia, New Zealand and the UK on all types of corporate and personal insolvency matters.
Well versed in the formal insolvency process and informal turnaround, experienced in forensic and litigation support matters, Simon's experience covers most industries from agribusiness, construction, mining and manufacturing to hospitality, retail and professional services.
Simon also has significant expertise and understanding of how the recovery teams of all the major banks work and can share this knowledge to assist clients who may find themselves dealing with a bank recovery.
Prior to joining PKF in 2013, Simon was a Partner with an international firm based in Christchurch and worked predominantly on secured insolvency work for lenders including Receiverships, Investigative Accountant Reports, Lending Reviews and Liquidations.
He also has significant experience dealing with the Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) and providing training to bank recovery teams on the subject.
- Liquidator of a failed insurance company with over $10bn in risks underwritten across Asia Pacific. Exposure to the devastating Christchurch earthquakes resulted in claims of over $50m for which the company held only $34m in reinsurance.
- Receiver of a Textile company involving Tops, Spinning and Weaving Mill assets that were marketed and sold internationally.
- Administration of a Clothing retailer with over 90 stores across the UK, Ireland and the Middle East - business traded on and sold as a going concern.
- Receiver of a chain of three Apartment Hotels and the freehold properties.
- Investigative Accountant review of a chain of four Childcare centres - business restructured with one centre divested.
- Receivership of Pegasus Town, a new township development comprised of a 2000 lot master plan subdivision, a championship Golf course and commercial precinct.
- Receiver of Property Ventures Limited, an unlisted public company with debts of over $65m.
- Liquidator of a long-haul transport and parcel delivery business operating 30 vehicles across a network of eight depots.
- Receivership of a Retail Shopping Arcade.
Simon’s experience includes involvement with primary producers and businesses dealing to and from the farm gate. This experience covers many farming industries including: Dairy; Viticulture; Sheep and Beef; Equine; and a variety of Cropping enterprises.
His solutions oriented approach can add value to clients seeking to turnaround a business or identify an optimised exit via formal insolvency or otherwise.