I am committed to a collaborative and partner led approach which ensures the audit is efficient and focused, with ‘no surprises’ and is a genuine ‘value-add’ experience for all our clients.
Audit and Assurance Partner
Scott has over 20 years’ experience in practice and has worked in Sydney and the UK.
Scott is currently National Head of Financial Services for PKF in Australia, with particular expertise in the audit of Financial Institutions and entities within the Wealth Management sector. This includes the provision of external audit, internal audit and risk management and compliance reviews (including AFSL and AML). He is also an Audit and Assurance Partner, based in the PKF Sydney office.
In addition, Scott holds an extensive portfolio in the Hospitality sector, including a significant number of Registered Club engagements.
Over his career, Scott has gained experience over a diverse cross section of industries and companies and has accumulated an extensive and varied business knowledge which is beneficial across his client base.
Scott’s current portfolio includes ASX listed, public and private companies, and foreign subsidiaries, in the financial services, hospitality, not-for-profit, technology, power and resources sectors.
Recent examples of work include:
- Provided an independent auditor role for a significant NSW & ACT scheme coordinator which involves rolling multi-location site audits.
- External audit partner for a major electricity generator to the National Electricity Market with revenue of $600m and assets of $800m, including a working coal mine.
- Development and delivery of a full internal audit plan for a major Mutual Bank with a national network, including risk management, credit and AML.
- Engaged as auditor for a conglomerate with assets of $1b, and with activities in tourism, hospitality, property development, utilities and managed funds.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Accounting with Honours
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (FCA)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Member of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)