Join our team as a Trainee Accountant at PKF
We are currently seeking a full-time Trainee Accountant to join our Upper Hunter Business Advisory Team. You could be leaving school to begin a degree, currently studying, or have recently graduated, either way, we want you.
PKF is a different sort of accounting firm. We are leading innovators and look at challenges as an opportunity to innovate; challenge how we do things; to help our team and clients grow. Because of this, PKF is growing. More and more companies want to work with us because of our values, culture and commitment to innovation.
We are currently seeking a full-time Trainee to join our Upper Hunter Business Advisory Team. You could be leaving school to begin a degree, currently studying, or have recently graduated, either way, we want you.
Whilst we say accountant in the job title, our accountants are far more than that. We are true business advisers, looking at the full spectrum of challenges a business owner is faced with.
PKF is a mid-tier practice, and a national award-winning accounting, tax and business advisory firm with a focus on providing quality service to decision makers across a broad range of industries. With an appetite for progress, continual improvement and innovation, and we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations by being responsive, creative and by going the extra mile to deliver superior outcomes. We embrace diversity, respect individual and cultural differences, and encourage everyone at PKF to love what they do, have fun doing it and reflect this in their client relationships.
At PKF, we create a positive environment that enables our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We offer:
- Great remuneration package;
- Exceptional opportunity for career development and progression;
- Opportunity for secondment in PKF offices overseas;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Work/Life balance encouraged;
- Friendly culture and team events (Christmas parties, Melbourne Cup, birthdays etc);
- Study support and training, as well as examination leave and assistance with resource materials;
- Collaborative and inclusive working environment;
- Well-being initiatives (e.g. flu vaccinations);
- Employee referral cash bonus.
What you need to apply
As a Trainee Accountant you will undertake a variety of work for our clients and provide them with excellent care and support, while working in a team focused on achieving the Firm's objectives and exceeding expectations.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are eager to get a head start in their accounting careers. Previous accounting firm experience is not necessary.
To be considered for the position, you’ll need to:
- either be willing to complete, in the process of, or have completed an accounting degree (BCom or BBus);
- be willing to juggle full-time work with part-time university commitments (if studying)
- be well spoken and professionally presented;
- have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- have high attention to detail;
- be able to complete work within tight deadlines;
- be enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated; and
- be able to work in a team environment.