Intermediate Insolvency Accountant
Join our team as an intermediate at PKF
Working with businesses that are in distress is challenging. But, as advisers, we have the opportunity to help business owners and people affected by a potential insolvency to minimize the damage and, in some cases, revive a failing business.
We work with people from all walks of life and across various industries. Our perfect candidate will be a quick learner, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be familiar with Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. In insolvency, we are dealing with people at a highly emotive time in their lives and resilience and empathy are key traits that we’re looking for in our new recruit.
In return, we’ll offer you access to industry leaders to learn from. Our people have vast experience at managing corporate and personal insolvencies as well as rescuing failing businesses and getting them back on their feet and will teach you how to become an expert in your trade.
PKF is an award winning leader in the provision of these services, and we are growing. More employees and companies want to work with us because of our values, culture and our ability to make it happen. We make a dedicated investment commitment to our people and clients.
At PKF, we create a positive environment that enables our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential.
Benefits for working for the BRI team
- Lunch and Learn sessions to further develop skills.
- Team bonding events including lunches.
- EOFY Ball – the annual PKF EOFY Ball is all about celebrating the year gone by.
- Fitness benefits through partnership with Fitness Passport, giving affordable access to gyms and health and fitness facilities.
- Opportunities to receive mentoring and guidance on your career.
To see our employee benefits click here
To be considered for the position, you’ll need:
- 0-1 years of corporate and personal insolvency experience
- To present a confident, professional and friendly manner
- A keen interest in a career in insolvency/restructuring/bankruptcy
- A relevant university degree
- Intention to complete post graduate qualifications CA/CPA and ARITA
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Competencies in written communications and correspondence
- Attention to detail and resourceful problem solving skills
- A team focused approach, able to work productively with all levels in the team from graduate to partner
What you need to apply
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this exciting role we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with your CV and covering letter, explaining why you think you’d be perfect for the role.Apply now