Tax and asset protection structuring within the high net worth family business sector is my passion. Becoming 'part of the family' is essential to be a successful outcome.
Business Advisory Partner
Steven W Jones
With more than 40 years’ experience in public accounting and over 30 years’ as an accounting Partner, Steven has a wealth of knowledge that makes him a trusted advisor whose clients would describe as adaptable and approachable.
Steven’s focus is with high net worth individuals and large family groups, with an emphasis on structuring from both a commercial and tax perspective to enhance wealth creation and provide succession planning solutions.
Steven facilitates and implements succession planning structures and strategies for his clients and works closely with the ATO on high level technical issues and obtaining letters of comfort and private rulings, whilst providing his clients with a range of services in complying with ATO High Net Wealth (HNW) and Large Business Income (LBI) tax reviews and tax audits.
Steven’s sector experience includes multinational manufacturing and distribution, residential home construction, property investment and developments, together with thoroughbred breeding and racing.
Steven plays a significant role for investors and businesses in tax effective structuring and has created structured financial initiatives ranging in size of up to $1.4 billion.
Recent examples of work include:
- Family business client for 30 years successfully floated their multinational business on the ASX for more than $1.2billion.
- Restructuring a family business saving circa $250k tax per annum and eliminating Div7A exposure
- Refinancing and restructuring passive investments from business exposure and including succession plan for three 20 – 30-year-old children.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Chartered Tax Adviser - Tax Institute
- Registered Tax Agent