Steven is part of the specialist Audit and Assurance team at PKF Adelaide.
He has more than 20 years' experience providing his clients with audit, risk and technical advisory services, including independent accountant and expert reports.
Steven has presented and Chaired many professional development sessions for the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), IPA and the Law Society on various topics surrounding Self Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSFs), the Not For Profit (NFP) industry and statutory trust accounts.
The types of entities that Steven has provided extensive external audit services to include Australian subsidiaries of multinational companies, listed public companies, Government organisations, Registered Clubs, NFPs, cooperatives and SMSFs.
Steven has evolved experience and insight with industry sectors including wine, mining, superannuation, primary production, gaming and non-for-profit.
When he isn’t working, Steven enjoys spending time with his family and friends over a Barossa Shiraz and keeping fit through karate, running, weights and amateur league football.
Some of Steven’s key assignments have included:
- CAANZ trans-tasman Audit Advisory Committee member
- Law Society of South Australia Audit & Risk Committee member
- Treasurer of Paraplegic & Quadriplegic Association of South Australia, an NFP organisation which employs over 600 nurses providing care for those with a spinal cord injury
- Financial officer of the Australian Melanoma Research Foundation, currently funding vital research for the treatment of Melanoma cancer at the Adelaide University
- Inaugural Chairman of the ICAA NFP Special Interest Group of South Australia
- Expert witness to the Licencing Court of South Australia
- Adviser to the sole Special Club licence holder in South Australia
Steven is a Member of the CAANZ, a Registered Company Auditor, a Registered ASIC SMSF Auditor and registered external examiner to the Law Society of South Australia.