I enjoy the diversity of each forensic accounting assignment and the challenges that they present.
Forensic Accounting Principal
Matthew has extensive experience working in and advising small and medium sized businesses across a diverse range of industry sectors, including 30 years in public practice.
He also has experience providing audit services to credit unions, not for profit organisations and SMEs. This experience has provided Matthew with the skills and experience to deal with the complexities of each forensic accounting matter, clearly delivering concise and unbiased opinions.
Matthew’s forensic expertise encompasses Commercial and Insurance litigation support, Family Law matters, Estate Disputes, Retail Lease disputes, Personal Injury, and accounting investigations. In addition, Matthew undertakes business valuations for non-litigious requirements including taxation (State and Federal), and pre-lending reviews.
He is regularly called upon to provide expert forensic accounting reports and expert witness testimony in Australian Courts and Tribunals. These include the Administrative Decisions Tribunal, Dust Diseases Tribunal, District Courts of NSW and Queensland, County Court of Victoria, Supreme Court of NSW, Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court, and the Family Court of Australia.
Recent examples of work include:
- Valuations of closely held private groups (companies/trusts, etc.) and the interest of minority shareholders therein (Family Law, Shareholder disputes)
- Quantification of loss (Disputes arising from breach of contract, misleading and deceptive conduct, personal injury matters, and insured events)
- Accounting investigations for the purpose of identifying irregularities, material weaknesses in controls and procedures, and quantification of lost revenue
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Business
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies (Accounting)
- Associate of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Recognised Business Valuation Specialist
- Recognised Forensic Accounting Specialis