By building strong relationships with my clients, I align myself to their goals and lead through uncertainty to develop a solution quickly. My pragmatic approach, commerciality and passion for bringing people together for a common goal assists me in navigating the best way forward.
Business Recovery and Insolvency Director
Mark is a Director in the Business Recovery and Insolvency team and has over twelve years of experience with global accounting firms delivering corporate and personal insolvency, restructuring and advisory services across a broad range of sectors.
Mark provides clarity to stakeholders on their strategic options in times of financial distress. He specialises in contingency planning, restructuring and turnaround, and all types of formal insolvency appointments.
Mark has significant experience and specialises in industries including agriculture, tourism & hospitality, property & construction, transport & logistics, managed investment schemes and retail.
Recent examples of Mark's work include:
- Trading receiverships (including the management and sale) of various primary production entities across Tasmania and Victoria.
- Conducting turnaround assignments, independent business reviews and monitoring exercises on behalf of financiers, government departments and directors.
- Court appointed receivership of a land banking scheme with over one hundred and fifty investors, wound up on just and equitable grounds.
- Preparing approximately thirty solvency reports for use in litigation and voidable transaction claims for the benefit of creditors.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) - University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Laws - Deakin University
- Professional Member - Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)