If our clients were polled about why we are their continuing advisers, common themes would be that we clearly care about them and that we are very good at what we do.
Business Advisory Partner
Daniel is a chartered accountant with over 30 years experience holding a public practice certificate issued by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ). His experience mostly with family owned business helping with business management; business purchase, sale, establishment and winding up along with taxation, superannuation and information systems advice.
He practices extensively in forensic accounting including Family Law investigations and valuations; assessment of personal injuries’ financial losses acting for both plaintiffs and the Motor Accidents Insurance Board; commercial damages arising from breach of contract or provision of defective business inputs; valuations of businesses to quantify losses arising from certain events or in accordance with a stakeholders agreement; financial records assessment for criminal matters; supporting legal teams in professional negligence matters and assessment of economic loss under insurance policies acting for both plaintiffs and insurers.
Daniel is also licensed by a professional body to advise in respect of self-managed superannuation, working with clients’ SMSFs to acquire commercial and residential properties, some utilising borrowing arrangements.
Recent example of work include:
- Recently awarded CA Forensic Accounting Specialist designation by Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand
- Current expert witness matters before the Supreme Court, Family Court and Federal Circuit Court in several states
- Involved with clients with the establishment of SMSFs to acquire investment properties, including some with borrowings
- Helped clients with start up businesses following their loss of employment
- Providing ongoing support for business recovery including advice and assistance regarding JobKeeper, cash flow boost and other state government subsidies
Qualifications and memberships:
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) - University of Tasmania