The environment our clients operate in is changing, risk is increasingly multi-dimensional, and there is a constant need to evolve. It is incumbent on the assurance process to objectively guide business through these issues.
Audit and Assurance Partner
Clayton heads our Newcastle and Sydney audit and assurance team, and has 23 years of professional experience. Prior to PKF, Clayton worked with a large international firm in both audit and assurance and corporate finance.
Clayton has significant experience in audit and risk advisory assignments and is regularly called on by major national and international organisations to develop solutions to complex and reputation-sensitive audit and risk problems.
Clayton built and leads the PKF Australia Workplace Compliance Team. Clayton and this specialist team has led the delivery of workplace compliance services to in excess of 20 major national franchise and licence groups, including the design of Vulnerable Workers Act response, and execution of network wide audit programs.
Clayton is a highly experienced expert witness and has provided expert evidence on audit and accounting matters in the NSW and Victorian Supreme and District Courts, and the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC).
Clayton is the incumbent Global Chair of the PKF International Professional Standards Committee, charged with oversight in relation to global quality control, and setting PKF’s Global quality and assurance strategy.
Recent examples of work include:
- Lead Partner on a major national ASX listed franchise business to assist in the development of a Vulnerable Workers Act framework and execution of network wide audit program across 800 sites.
- Lead Partner on a major national services business to assist in the development of a Vulnerable Workers Act framework and execution of network wide audit program across 2,900 sites.
- High level negotiations with the Fair Work Ombudsman, advocating on behalf of our clients with respect to investigation, remediation, and if applicable, enforcement outcomes.
- Appointment by Volkswagen Australia to oversee the Enforceable Undertaking issued by the Australian Competition and Consumers Commission (ACCC) in connection with the Takata Airbag recall.
- Lead Partner on a significant and complex engagement on behalf of an ASX listed insurance company with respect to challenging the design and system configuration of claims and benefits rules, resulting in significant savings.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Registered Company Auditor
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Newcastle
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
Notable clients Clatyon has also assisted includes:
- Australia Post.
- AMPOL Australia (formerly Caltex Australia).
- Pandora Australia.
- Nando’s Australia.
- nib Health Funds
- Volkswagen Australia
- AUDI Australia