Join our team as an Intermediate Accountant with PKF Business Advisory
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Accountant to join our Port Stephens Business Advisory Team. Whilst we say accountant in the job title, our accountants are far more than that. We are true business advisers, looking at the full spectrum of challenges a business owner is faced with.
PKF is a different sort of accounting firm. We see challenges as an opportunity to innovate; challenge how we do things; to help our team and clients grow. Because of this, PKF is growing. More and more companies want to work with us because of our values, culture, and commitment to innovation.
We seek an Intermediate Accountant to join our Port Stephens Business Advisory Team. Whilst we say accountant in the job title, our accountants are far more than that. We are true business advisers, looking at the full spectrum of challenges a business owner is faced with.
At PKF, we create a positive environment that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We offer:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Exceptional opportunity for career development and progression.
- Opportunity for secondment in PKF offices overseas.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Work/Life balance encouraged.
- Friendly culture and team events (Christmas parties, Melbourne Cup, birthdays etc.).
- Study support and training.
- Collaborative and inclusive working environment.
- Wellbeing initiatives.
- Employee referral cash bonus.
To see our employee benefits click here
A Business Advisory Services Intermediate is primarily responsible for assisting clients by completing much of the preparation of financial and management accounting reports for review by senior members of the team. Increased practical experience along with an improved theoretical base will allow for career progression.
You will be primarily responsible for but not limited too:
- Prepare compliance jobs to trial balance stage.
- Identify franking account issues such as franking deficit tax and penalties.
- Review a client-prepared BAS/IAS and provide assistance with amendment/correction of system.
- Identify and resolve basic problems arising in client financial statements. As well as understanding and being able to request from clients the required information for financial statement and income tax return preparation.
- Prepare and analyse accounts, income tax returns, company annual returns, Business Activity Statements, Fringe Benefit Tax returns, and notices of assessment.
- Identify business performance issues and ability to identify key indicators.
- Begin to identify client needs and value-added services that we can provide to a client.
What you need to apply
- At least two years experience or proven ability in a similar role.
- Understands all fundamental accounting concepts (accounting equation, debits and credits, financial statements). Can clearly express all account interrelationships.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting packages i.e., IPS, APS, and MYOB.
- Demonstrated confidence and communication skills to assist in on-the-job training of undergraduates and graduates.
- Basic understanding of tax laws, state taxes and duties relating to resident taxpayers (e.g. CGT, GST, Land Tax, Payroll Tax, general income tax).
- Comprehension of accounting and taxation concepts and a willingness to develop practical application of this knowledge.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply now with your cover letter and CV.Apply now