“It’s my job to know all of the latest developments in the tax world so that my clients are able to navigate the complex world of taxes and structure their assets to reduce risk and achieve success”
Stephen is a well-respected and knowledgeable accountant with a quiet confidence and reliability that makes him dependable to his clients. He has extensive experience in business services and taxation, dealing with companies, trusts, partnerships, individuals and self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs).
Stephen enjoys delving into complex matters, using his technical expertise to interpret the data and provide a strong solution for his clients. He began his career studying science and the skillset he learnt through his professional studies have made him analytical with a steel-like focus. Clients have confidence that he will always do his best to exceed expectations and deliver on what has been promised within deadline.
Behind his quiet exterior, lies a determination and resilience to overcome any obstacles that Stephen finds in his way. Beginning his career in the UK, Stephen found when he immigrated to Australia that he needed to repeat his studies completely. After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant, he enrolled in the Master of Applied Taxation degree programme at the University of New South Wales. Stephen was awarded a university prize for academic achievement and received the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Prize for the best performance by a graduating student in the Master of Applied Taxation programme. Stephen is an advocate for continued education and he welcomes external controls to ensure standards and regulations are fully understood and applied.
Recent examples of work include:
- Assisting clients to apply and qualify for the R&D Tax Offset and helping eligible start-up companies who are developing new products and services to obtain external third party investment by qualifying as Early Stage Innovation Companies.
Assisting to restructure client’s business operations using the Small Business CGT concessions and the Small Business Restructure Rollover Provisions. The outcome achieved have included a significant tax savings, reduced compliance costs and improved asset protection.
- Assisting clients in managing and operating their financial information systems and providing an external CFO service which have results in improving compliance obligations, improved quality, and timeliness of reporting obligations to investors and lenders.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) – University of Bristol
- Master of Applied Taxation – University of New South Wales
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand