Scott McMurtrie is a tax consulting Director at PKF Gold Coast, consulting to private and publically listed entities providing direct and indirect tax advice, compliance reviews and lodgement of tax return services.
Scott consults to domestic and international clients across a range of industries including the film & television, finance, AFSL & managed investment schemes (MIS), property & construction, tourism, leisure & hospitality, professional services and mining & natural resources. With extensive experience in tax consulting, Scott is regularly engaged to identify innovative and commercial solutions to complex tax problems and structures.
Taxation experience includes:
- Restructuring of public and private groups.
- Ongoing compliance and strategy reviews for financial services clients.
- Reviewing and assessing complex capital gains tax transactions.
- Multifaceted advice with regard to international transactions including the establishment of international operating structures including the implications of the controlled foreign company rules and relevant double tax treaties.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Chartered Tax Adviser
- Fellow of the Tax Institute
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)