I’ve worked with a broad range of clients, helping them understand and improve their business performance. I get great satisfaction from being able to provide my clients with tailored advice, delivering solutions that get them closer to their goals.
Associate Director - Business Advisory
Sam has over 15 years’ experience in both Big 4 and mid-tier firms providing accounting, taxation and business advice to SME and large private companies. Sam has developed a broad range of advisory skills across a number of industry sectors including the property development and construction, mining services, manufacturing and tourism and hospitality industries.
He enjoys working closely with client groups to define their business and personal goals and provide relevant commercial advice to assist them in achieving success.
Recent examples of work include:
- Advised a client in the construction industry on the acquisition to improve their supply chain including advice in respect of potential enterprise value and deal structure
- Lead the facilitation of a second generation transition including business restructure to allow shareholder entry, management of tax issues and guiding client through the transition process
- Advised a services industry client on their international expansion into Asian and European markets by assisting in due diligence process and providing advice in relation to the optimal structure considering tax and commercial implications across multiple jurisdictions
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce - James Cook University
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)