Robert is a Consultant working with our specialist PKF Taxation teams in Sydney and Newcastle.
Robert has extensive experience across all aspects of international taxation and transfer pricing. He was Head of International Tax for a large US listed multinational company for the past 22 years. Robert led a global team with responsibilities covering Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East & Africa and South America.
More recently, Robert’s expertise has focused on intellectual property planning, and structuring multi-country SME start-ups.
Robert led the global transfer pricing practice for a multinational company covering operations in 60 countries, including North America. This included the design, implementation and defence of all related policies covering intellectual property, tangible goods, cross border services, financial instruments, and in-house bank financial transactions.
Robert has also led teams of international tax and finance professionals managing large cross border tax projects, and has developed and executed tax initiatives focused on effective tax rate reduction, managing tax risk, cash repatriation, support for business initiatives, tax impacts of business restructuring, divestures, and mergers & acquisitions.
Recent and notable projects that Robert has led include:
- US$2.5B divestment of a major business segment covering 17 countries including all tax aspects of separation and a US$400M+ business restructuring involving closure/sale of businesses and facilities and the exit from 12 countries;
- Development and execution of a tax effective Central American/Caribbean Principal structure and a fast-tracked centralised global procurement feasibility study;
- Development and execution of a global initiative to manage tax risk and controversies across 60+ countries (audits & litigation);
- Development and execution of annual tax effective cash repatriation plans that contributed toward US$700M+ cash being repatriated annually to the United States;
- Managed response to OECD’s Basis Erosion and Profit Shifting (“BEPS”) initiative, leading global impact review & development of solutions;
- Management of various Competent Authority and APA matters including US, Korea, UK, France and Italy.
Robert holds a Bachelor of Business and Master of Tax Law from Sydney University. He was previously a member of Tax Executives Institute in the USA and is a Director of a large not-for-profit club in Sydney.