There are tax implications for every business transaction that should be considered and managed to reduce tax exposure, but the tax outcome should never be the driver of a business decision.
Peter has over 15 years of experience in providing specialist tax advisory services to clients across a range of industries and on a range of matters including corporate restructures, income tax consolidation and international tax issues.
Peter has worked with a diverse range of clients including large multinationals, ASX listed corporates, large private entities, family businesses and high-net-worth individuals. Peter has a strong understanding of regulatory requirements for Australian businesses across tax legislation, accounting standards, tax lodgement deadlines, corporations law and regulatory bodies such as the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and the ASX.
Peter is passionate about working with clients to achieve practical solutions that are both tax-effective and achieve the desired commercial outcomes.
Recent examples of work include:
- Assisting International businesses with cross-border tax matters throughout all stages of the business/project lifecycle including setup, structuring, funding, profit repatriation and sale.
- Working with businesses to implement tax-effective Mergers, Acquisitions, Restructures and Corporatisations that also achieve the desired commercial goals.
- Performing various vendor and purchaser Tax Due Diligence and related acquisition structuring for businesses with a value in excess of $1 billion.
- Assisting companies with successful IPOs including tax-effective group structuring and implementation of Employee Share Schemes.
- Working with a large multi-national to successfully implement a $250 million share-buyback including liaising with the Australian Taxation Office throughout the early engagement/private ruling process.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia
- Masters of Taxation, Curtin University
- Fellow, Taxation Institute of Australia
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand