I enjoy finding successful strategies and solutions for my clients, allowing them to thrive and reach their potential.
Taxation Senior Manager
Paul is a Senior Manager in the Taxation team at PKF Sydney delivering both business advisory and taxation-based solutions to his clients across a variety of industries including Technology and Software, Solar, Digital Assets, Mining, Construction, Derivative Trading and Funds Management.
Paul’s experience is wide-ranging, with key projects including providing accounting and taxation services to high-net-worth individuals, family offices, large family-owned businesses, and foreign subsidiaries of overseas entities.
He has a special expertise in creating and optimising finance functions enabling business owners to focus on strategy and personal affairs and providing peace of mind all operations are complying with local requirements.
Additionally, Paul is highly experienced in Digital Assets, Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies working with clients both corporates and individuals to achieve optimal tax-based structuring and asset protection strategies.
Recent examples of work include:
- Implementing the financing function and utilising ERP systems for two international tech companies’ operations in Australia. (Global revenues between $500m to $1bn).
- Successfully converted a client’s (offshore owner) local farming operations into the cloud fully automating all aspects of the accounting process and providing ongoing management accounts, forecasting and CFO style services.
- Developed the finance function for large scale franchise owner/operator including attendance at executive and management meetings to provide CFO insights and analytics into business operations. Recently restructured the group to provide owner with maximum risk protection strategy and become ready for sale with a view to go public.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting and Business Administration (Macquarie University)
- Associate of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Blockchain Technology, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies (Blockchain at BerkeleyX, University of California, Berkeley)