John's professionalism, expert advice, work ethics and assistance over the years has been more than we ever expected. He has become a valued and respected friend of the family
Director, Harrison Funerals
John is a Partner of our Adelaide office and works in the areas of business advisory services and taxation. He is also involved in the administration and management of various estates for Protected Persons, dealing with investment portfolios and day to day operations in his capacity as court-appointed Manager.
Covering the full spectrum of clients, John works closely with industry sectors such as medical, retail, primary production, building and automotive. John also oversees the firm’s Self Managed Super Fund compliance team and works closely with our in house Financial Advisors, in providing Superannuation advice within the appropriate licencing requirements.
As Partner for PKF Adelaide John has been involved with the board of Executive and has overseen all internal financial matters. John has also been engaged as a virtual CFO for many of his clients.
In addition to the exposure to the disability sector via the Protected Estates, John is also a Board Member and Treasurer for a not for profit supported employment organisation.
John experience spans across various audit assignments as well as exposure to insolvency and litigation support matters.
When he isn’t working, John enjoys keeping fit, spending time with family and entertaining friends. A passionate St Kilda Football Club supporter, he hopes to one day witness a Saints premiership.
Recent examples of work include:
- Advising and delivering a succession plan for a family owned business, balancing considerations from equitable, tax effectiveness views while maintaining and family harmony.
- Working with our in house Financial Advisors in providing a holistic approach with structuring matters considering various income tax matters and superannuation advice within the appropriate licencing requirements.
- Trusted advisor and virtual CFO role with large family business, assisting with successful sale of business and post business transition.
- Pro bono work with not for profit supported employment organisation, dealing with midterm board changes in role as secretary and action treasurer. Support for newly appointed CEO.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Fellow of the Taxation Institute