I enjoy working with clients to develop tax-effective commercial solutions. I provide pragmatic, timely tax advice tailored to meet the particular needs of my client’s business and understand that tax compliance process and planning must fit within the commercial constraints of the business.
Ian is a Director of PKF and is part of our specialist Taxation team in Sydney.
With 30 years of combined accounting and financial industry experience, Ian has been a Director specialising in Indirect Taxes at a big four firm, Asia Pacific Regional Indirect Tax Manager for a US multinational and the Chief Financial Officer at a funds management firm.
Ian specialises in Indirect Taxes including, GST, customs duty, payroll tax and employment taxes generally.
Ian works closely with his clients to assist in complying with Indirect Tax obligations in Australia and across the Asia Pacific.
Recent examples of work include:
- Advising on and managing responses for ATO top 1000 GST reviews for 2 multinational organisations, which were successfully brought to conclusion.
- Resolution of ATO dispute in connection with the application of GST margin scheme on a large-scale residential property development.
- Successful payroll tax employer de-grouping submission in 7 States and Territories with material prior and future years payroll tax savings, in association with arranging voluntary disclosures attracting reduced rates of penalties and interest.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
- Bachelor of Commerce - UNSW