I get excited about researching technical issues and resolving challenging issues on financial reporting and assurance matters. My passion for technical research works to create the most technically current, compliant and quality driven solutions.
Audit and Assurance Technical Director
With over 10 years’ experience in the industry, Hayley has worked between Sydney and Newcastle and began her career on the Central Coast. Today, Hayley continues to work from both the Sydney and Newcastle offices.
Hayley specialises in the provision of technical advice on financial accounting, assurance and other related matters along with forensic accounting (fraud risk assessments, expert reports, technical consultancy).
Hayley has extensive experience with performing research and interpreting accounting and audit related matters in Australia and internationally. She is responsible for providing technical accounting and audit advice to the Sydney and Newcastle offices. Hayley has extensive knowledge of IFRS and International Auditing Standards and their Australian equivalents. In addition, Hayley is a passionate presenter and regularly presents at accounting seminars and training events.
Hayley has gained experience with the development of accounting standards through her recent secondment to the Australian Accounting Standards Board and also currently lectures on accounting at the University of Newcastle.
Recent examples of work include:
- Secondment to AASB to work on the project for removal of SPFS. Involved research into financial reporting practices within Australia, cost benefit analysis, outreach to constituents and also suggestions for transitional relief.
- Social housing client with large number of concessionary leases which were to be significantly impacted by proposed policy changes. Assessed the situation and reached out to regulators to voice the issue on behalf of the client. Subsequently, policy was amended to provide relief from the compliance issue.
- Review of complex contracts whereby sale of equipment may not result in the ultimate transfer of goods (i.e. customer does not gain control over goods), thereby identifying the need to defer revenue over term of the contract as a lease.
Qualifications and Memberships:
- Bachelor of Management - University of Newcastle
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)