Alex’s greatest quality is his trustworthiness and his ability to give sound financial advice while considering the longer term benefits. He always exceeds my expectations.
Owner of Ranger Architecture
Alex is a multi-disciplined Financial Adviser with over 15 years’ industry experience in financial services. He is part of our Wealth Creation team and is based in our Melbourne office.
Alex began his career in London and worked for the prestigious Queen’s bank (Coutts & Co) as a Private Banker. For the last 10 years, Alex has been working within Financial Planning including advisory roles under BT Licensees (Securitor and Magnitude). Alex has been with PKF Melbourne Wealth for over three years and is an integral part of the team, specialising in providing advice to high net-worth families, executives, and business owners.
Alex has particular expertise in Portfolio Management and Investment Markets, Superannuation, Self-Managed Super Funds, Personal Risk Advice, Cashflow, and Estate Planning. Alex is an Authorised Representative of The Advice Exchange (ABN 55 107 629 194 and AFSL 278937).
Alex puts his client’s first and is a trusted adviser who helps his clients through the various stages of their financial lives and provides his advice based on his client’s future aspirations and goals.
Outside assisting clients with their current and future financial aspirations and goals, Alex has a young family which includes identical twin girls. Alex also continues to enjoy his big passion of supporting Brighton & Hove Albion in the premier league and particularly enjoys watching the team’s growing contingent of Australian players.
Recent examples of work include:
- Assisting a business owner in diversifying assets with ensuing advice to introduce a diversified investment portfolio via a Unit Trust structure. Benefits included tax effectiveness as well as asset protection whilst targeting a long term capital growth and income strategy for the Unitholders.
- Establishing a new investment portfolio for a long standing contact who had previously run a portfolio that had been producing underperformance with high investment costs. The client was provided comfort and explanation, and now reassurance that the portfolio is well diversified and in line with their long term objectives.
- Recommendation to a client to introduce a Self-Managed Super Fund to their personal financial structure to allow for the purchase of business real property. Benefits included the tax effectiveness of owning the commercial premises through their newly established Self-Managed Super Fund, and the protection generally provided from creditors in case any problems with the business materialized in the future.
Qualifications and memberships:
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Financial Services
- FASEA Accredited
- Diploma in Financial Planning (Kaplan)
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (Kaplan)
- Member of the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)
- ASIC Authorised Representative Number 1246543