Valuations that stand up to scrutiny by all stakeholders
Experienced, unbiased and independent valuation experts that provide you with maximum confidence
Whether you are selling, buying or restructuring a business, or making choices around investment, it’s vital you don’t leave decisions to guesswork.
Regardless of plans for your business, a clear valuation of your company, any deals, financial arrangements, or intellectual property assignments is critical. Valuations must be technically robust and supported by detailed analysis.
You can rely on PKF’s rigorous approach by an experienced team who will not cut corners when you are:
- Selling, buying or restructuring a business
- Making strategic decisions
- Assessing projects or making capital allocation decisions
- Raising capital
- Complying with financial reporting or tax obligations, or
- Attempting to resolve a dispute
- Acquiring or transferring intellectual property.
We provide valuations to a broad range of clients including ASX 100 companies, large Australian and multinational organisations and private equity-backed businesses.
A business valuation can help your business planning and development process, which can in turn increase the value of your business.
to make informed decisions
Our independent valuation advice, honed from years of experience across a range of industries, empowers you to make commercial decisions with the right information at your fingertips.
Our valuations include:
- Business valuations
- Independent expert reports
- Intellectual property / intangible asset valuations
- Valuation of complex financial assets and liabilities such as options, share rights, convertible notes and other derivatives.
Expert witness services
Experienced independent valuers when you need it most
PKF's valuation experts have significant experience in providing valuation opinions and services with respect to legal disputes and other court related matters, including:
- shareholder disputes
- loss of business claims
- mergers and acquisitions deal disputes.
Our business valuation services
providing you with expert information when you need it
PKF provides management, boards and shareholders with sound valuation advice that is straightforward, clearly documented, and demonstrates a strong technical basis for the valuation supported by considered and detailed expert analysis.
We communicate clearly so you can make commercial decisions with confidence on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, divestments, project finance and strategy
- Financial reporting requirements for business combination accounting, impairment testing, convertible notes, derivatives and share based payments
- Tax compliance and consolidation
- Employee incentive arrangements
- Shareholder and commercial disputes.
Independent expert reports
PKF has a strong track record in providing independent expert reports required for a broad range of transactions under Corporations Act and Listing Rules for mid-market companies.
We adopt a rigorous approach, combining a technically robust basis for valuations with detailed analysis, enabling you to make decisions with confidence.
Intellectual property valuations
The valuation of intellectual property is technically complex and requires careful consideration of a range of factors.
We distil this analysis in a clear and concise manner for all your intellectual property assets, including your brand, customer and supplier lists, software, technology, royalties and patents.
We also provide you with strategic advice on how to create, protect and maximise that value for the future.
Meet our Corporate Advisory Specialists
Dom CosentinoManaging Partner – Adelaide
Liam MurphyManaging Partner – Brisbane
Ross Di BartoloPartner
Matthew ButlerManaging Partner – Gold Coast
Timothy BowManaging Partner – Melbourne
Steve MeynChairman – PKF Australia / Managing Director – Sydney & Newcastle
New England North West
Darren ShillingtonManaging Partner – Perth