The sale of your business is often the realisation of many years’ hard work, focus and dedication. Yet only one opportunity arises to produce a good commercial outcome.
It is critical that you evaluate options and plan the exit strategy well before you plan to sell. It is equally important to ensure that the business is prepared appropriately for sale.
PKF Australia outlines all possible exit strategies to ensure your understanding of how buyers assess value. We also discuss the advantages, disadvantages and likelihood of success for each divestment approach:
- Trade sale
- Management buy in/out
- Private equity sale
- Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Generational succession.
Preparing the business for sale
Before the sale process commences it is important that the business is:
- Sale Ready – the fundamentals are in place that purchasers /investors require before they invest
- Attractive as possible to ensure that the sales proceeds are maximised and residual risk is minimised
We will work closely with you to ensure that your business is Sale Ready by evaluating and advising you on:
- Stage of business development
- Financial performance of the business
- Growth prospects
- Competitive position
- Existing financial structure and position
- Financial reporting and forecasting
- Corporate structure
- Existing capital structure
After assessing sale readiness and determining the preferred divestment strategy approach, we can assist you with the sale process:
- Structuring the transaction to maximise post-sale proceeds
- Identifying potential purchasers
- Preparing information memorandums for distribution to interested parties
- Preparing terms sheets
- Managing the due diligence process
- Leading negotiations or assisting you, as required
- Managing the completion process.
Cross Border Capability
PKF Corporate Finance has team of corporate finance professionals in key markets in Asia, UK & Europe, North America and South America. We work closely with these teams to ensure that cross border transactions are executed smoothly and efficiently. This may include specialist support and advice on local markets, access to offshore purchasers and tax structuring advice.