Are you our next Corporate Finance leader?
PKF is a leader in the mid-market and, despite the recent pandemic, we’re not following the same trajectory as some of our bigger competitors; we’re growing at an incredible rate. More and more companies want to work with us because of our values, culture, and our ability to make it happen. We pride ourselves on our people so investing in them makes sense, and we do it well.
We are currently seeking a Director to join our Corporate Finance Newcastle team.
We’re looking for someone whose professionalism and knowledge allows clients and team members to feel comfortable in approaching and trusting their judgement. They take responsibility for overall engagement planning and job administration, whilst keeping senior management informed on progress of engagement and client relationship issues.
You’ll have access to best practice data analytics to ensure your clients and people obtain the best outcomes.
- Manage and drive financial analysis on buy-side and sell-side due diligence engagements including the identification of key value drivers and writing of reports.
- Undertake investigating accountant work and readiness services in respect of initial public offerings.
- Monitor individual engagement budgets and productivity and bring issues to the attention of more senior team members.
- Develop business with existing and new prospective clients.
- Lead and coach team members to develop their ability and career progression.
We set high standards, but don’t just look at technical ability, to be part of our team, you’ll be a passionate, talented individual with an ability to lead.
In return, we offer a highly competitive package.
- Six years + Corporate Finance experience
- CA or CPA qualified
- Strong technical knowledge of the Corporations Act, auditing standards and accounting concepts
- Sound understanding of core taxation concepts and issues including taxation of companies, trusts and individuals, CGT, GST, stamp duty and tax effect accounting.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance focus including risk management, quality assurance and policy and procedure. Knowledge of changes occurring in the accounting and corporate finance environment and the impact on PKF Corporate Finance.
- Significant client interaction
- Team player able to work at pace and under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate a leadership/coaching style
- A great communicator able to build relationship internally and with our clients
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability with an attention to detail
- Proficient understanding of accounting software including CaseWare, APS, Xero, andMYOB
- Excellent English language skills
- Acts with integrity, honesty, trust, and respect
- Looking for a new role that comes with opportunity, challenge, and a great team.
The PKF Corporate Finance team is dedicated to giving a first-class service to our clients. We will provide a challenging but supportive environment, advising a wide range of clients including privately owned businesses, listed companies, private equity funds and family offices. This is a great opportunity to broaden your corporate finance experience and accelerate your career progression in the guidance of a partner group who each has over 30 years’ experience in offering corporate finance advisory services.
At PKF, we create a positive environment that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We offer:
- Great remuneration package;
- Exceptional opportunity for career development and progression;
- Opportunity for secondment in PKF offices overseas;
- Flexible work arrangements;
- Work/Life balance encouraged;
- Friendly culture and team events (Christmas parties, Melbourne Cup, birthdays etc);
- Study support and training;
- Collaborative and inclusive working environment;
- Fitness passport available;
- Well-being initiatives (e.g. flu vaccinations);
- Employee referral cash bonus.
Sound like your dream job? Apply here with your cover letter and CV.