The mining sector and businesses that service the mining industry have unique accounting challenges.
At PKF Australia, we understand that every project has specific demands and so requires customised advice and measures.
Our team has experience in helping mining and mining services businesses to achieve results during all phases of operation – from start-up, strategic planning and growth through to business succession planning, including mergers and management buy outs.
With demonstrated experience in providing practical and effective strategic planning advice, PKF Australia works with our clients to ensure that they, whether servicing the mining industry or operating directly in that space, are always positioned to capitalise on market opportunities.
Suiting your needs
Depending on your needs, we go beyond assisting clients to navigate the complexities of the changing Australian regulatory system. We add real value to organisations that face the financial challenges and risks associated with operating in mining, and to those businesses that provide distinct and specific services to support the mining industry in Australia and globally.
Specifically, we have provided diverse advice to clients operating in this sector across New South Wales, Western Australia, Queensland and internationally in the areas of:
- Assistance with bank and equity funding for working capital, plant and real estate
- Regular review to ensure the most effective depreciation rates and schedules for mining services are applied to non-current assets
- Managing current assets and inventory to ensure minimum stock levels and maximum stock rotations
- Managing the challenges of varying work schedules, conditions and locations, and their effect on budgeting and cash flow
- Advice in relation to business succession planning
- Providing for expansion and contraction with market rates and mining production, while maintaining continuity of supply, services and overall business operations
- Securing suitable personnel through our industry contacts
- Taxation planning and reviews
- Retaining key and high performing staff
- Audit and Assurance
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Specific IT Effectiveness Reviews
- Business Acquisitions in Australia and internationally
- Design and Implementation of Governance protocols and systems, including shareholder agreements
- Cross Border transactions, structuring and transfer pricing
- Advice and planning around the carbon tax and carbon pricing as part of the Government's Clean Energy Future legislation
- Financial Modelling including three way budget and cash flow models
- Management reporting
- Outsourced CFO services, advisory board, and non-executive director participation
For complete understanding of the issues faced by your company, speak to our experienced mining services team.